Edinburgh Web Development

Energy Performance Certificates Scotland

by Iain Wilson

20 August 2008

Soon we will see that rental properties must have an Energy Performance Certificate, which rates how effective the property's energy usage is on a scale of A to G, A being the most effective. No doubt you've seen similar certificates on refrigerators and freezers.

It's up to the landlord or property management company to make sure the certificate is in place by getting a qualified inspector to provide the certificate. Inspections will commence from 1st October 2008. An existing or prospective tenant may request to view it at any time - with no cost to the tenant.

Luckily the Blot Property Management system handles this in its stride. In a similar way to the Gas, Periodic Inspection Report (PIR), Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) and Fire certificate information, the rating and date of certificate is entered into the database management system and its rating can be displayed on the public website whenever the property is available for let.

Ah, the joys of being part of the EU!

Liked this article? Please share it with your friends and colleagues.

comments powered by Disqus
Blot Design,
10 Colinton Road, Edinburgh, EH10 5DT
Terms, Cookies & Privacy