Web site dilemma #1
Of course it should be the number one priority, but there were so many other things to think of, weren't there?
But, what are we going to say on the web site?
The reality is, it's often the last thing you think of. And then it gets worse.
What are we going to say?
Writing for the web is different.
- How do I describe our company?
- What's good about our products/services?
- How do I make it sound professional?
- Have I said too little.... or too much?
It's not like report writing and you need to bear some key thoughts in mind when writing for your web
Web copywriting pointers
- Plan what you want to say - first
- Headlines to get attention. No need to be coy!
- Break information into short bite-sized segments
- Use bullet lists
- Use plenty of sentences with 'you' in them, to identify with the reader
- Give examples of how your product/service has been successful, to 'prove' it
- Make the copy 'search-engine-friendly'
We can help!
Sometimes the most successful business people find it difficult to write down what makes their company or product special. If you are struggling to write compelling copy for your site, we can help you.
We provide copywriting and editing services to many of our clients. Services range from proof-reading and finalising drafts, to researching and preparing all copy for the site.
To learn how we can help your web site content, please contact us